On Thurs. July 20th, 2017, St. Lawrence Market was transformed into a downtown oasis of food, drink, music, performance and celebration. This was my second year attending the #Summerseries event (recap of St. Lawrence Market Summer Series Season 1 experience) and it was another evening to remember!
If you happen to miss it, don’t you worry as the next event will be on Thursday, August 24, 2017, from 6 p.m. – 10 p.m (ticket info and to buy tickets).
2017 St. Lawrence Market Summer Series 2 Highlights:
- Having my sister as my plus one, and hanging out with my close blogger friends. We had so much fun, we were there until closing time!
- It was well organized with a good number of food and drink vendors.
- Less humid than last year. Everything about being on a patio on a warm summer night is what I love about summer.
- There was a station that provided hair clips with fresh flowers for guests, as well a service to get beautiful henna designs done…free of charge! How awesome is that?!
- Lots of live entertainment throughout the evening. I am a big fan of Liz Lokre and was happy to see that she was performing once again.
My top 4 dishes were:
Ceviche Toastata with sea bass, avocado puree, pickled watermelon, grilled corn, and yuzu chili aioli. The dish was a collaboration from the St. Lawrence Market Fish Market, Urban Fresh Produce, and Food Dudes.
Polenta Fries with semolina, parmesan, aged chedder, caramelized garlic, San Marzano sauce, pickled chilies, basil puree, and pea shoots. They were from Domino Foods, Olympic Cheese and Food Dudes.
Jhal Muri Salad from Rube’s Rice, Ponesse Foods, and Food Dudes. Ingredients included crispy rice, cucumbers, tomatoes, pickled ginger, shallots, cilantro, Thai basil, smoked peanuts, puffed lentils and tamarind.
Juicy Banguet Burgers with Kozlik mustard.
Other dishes of the evening included:
- Fresh East Coast Oysters
- Buffalo Cauliflower
- Fresh Pasta
- Paella and Arepas
- Salmon Sliders
- Vegan Carbonara and Ice cream sandwich
Another fun event this summer!
*Disclosure: My ticket, as well as the food and drinks were complimentary. All opinions in the post are my own.