Address: 505 Hwy 7 East, Unit #54-58, Markham, ON
Date of First Visit: Jan. 2017, 2 people, dinner
2017 is off to an exciting start as Kinton Ramen has opened its 7th location at the Commerce Gate plaza in Markham. Similar to the downtown Toronto location (Kinton Ramen 5 review), the decor is sleek, modern and open, with a vibrant and loud atmosphere!
Check out the 25 second video of the outside and inside of Kinton Ramen 7
My husband and I had a chance to visit a few days before their official grand opening on January 28th, 2017. The menu at this location serves their famous pork and chicken ramen in the ‘original’, ‘shoyu’, ‘miso’ or ‘spicy garlic’ option, as well as the izakaya (tapas) menu from their Kinka Izakaya restaurants (review here). In fact, this is the only Kinton Ramen location to-date that has the dual menu. More reasons to make a trip to Markham!
Our shared dishes included:
- Pork Shoyu ramen with thick noodles ($10.99)
2. Tako Wasabi-marinated octopus with wasabi stem ($4.80)
3 Spicy Tuna Tartare ($8.30)
4. Original Karaage- Japanese fried chicken ($8.30)
5. Gindara-grilled miso marinated black cod ($13.90)
6. Crispy Ramen Salad with deep-fried ramen noodles with BBQ pork on greens ($8.80)
7. Ton Ton Don-chopped pork seasoned with Kinton original sauce on rice ($3.90)
8. Almond Tofu ($4.5) and Black Sesame Soy Milk Pudding ($4.5)
Aside from the chicken karaage being a tad overcooked, the other food items were consistent to their other locations and delicious. The highlights of the evening for me was the ramen, tako wasabi, black cod, and the black sesame pudding.
Hopefully the restaurant will work out their flow to accommodate a packed crowd as our food orders came out slow during the busy evening. Also, hopefully this location will get their liquor licence soon to accompany the izakaya dishes.
The stand out of the Kinton Ramen location is that they serve both izakaya style dishes and their famous ramen. Opening a location in Markham was a smart move and I foresee the restaurant doing well.
*Disclosure: Our meal was complimentary but the reviews in the post are my own. I was not asked to provide a review.
Latest posts by Mary Tang (see all)
- Get your tickets for St. Lawrence Market Summer Series-Season 2 - July 13, 2017
- [Product Review] Good & Simple Muffins and Bars launches in Ontario - July 12, 2017
- [Recipe]Lotus root, broccoli and bok choy stir fry - July 4, 2017