Website: http://nightmarket.thestop.org/, #TheStopNM @TheStopCFC
Location: Vacant Lot, 181 Sterling Road, Toronto
Date I attended: Wednesday, June 14, 2017, from 7 PM to 11 PM
The Stop’s Night Market is truly a spectacular event that brings people from across the city together to fight hunger, build hope, and inspire change. This year, the event raised over $300, 000 to support The Stop Community Food Centre’s critical anti-hunger programs, which is a record amount for the event.
Another fantastic year in my books (read about my 2016, and 2015 experience) with delicious eats, beautiful food carts, awesome weather, and great friends to share my evening with! Couple of highlights for me this year was the variety of dishes; receiving a palette-like plate to hold my food, and the live DJ in the evening!
Here were my top 6 dishes at The Stop 2017:
1. The Oakwood Hardware: Crispy German pancakes with smoked duck & Calabrese peppers, kale shoots and pickled veggies
2. The Broadview Hotel: Bay scallop ceviche
3. 416 Snack Bar/People’s Eatery: General Tso’ fu
4. The Tempered Room: Spicy soy- glazed Miami ribs
5. Kanpai Snack Bar: Sticky Tofu bun (noodle bowl)
6. Provisions T.O-Smoked BBQ pork char siu with fuji apple and kohlrabi cole slaw. Sorry, I don’t have a photo.
Another rockin’ year at The Stop’s Night Market! Check out The Stop’s website http://thestop.org/ for more information. I hope to see you in 2018.
*Disclosure: The ticket to attend was complimentary to cover the event. The opinions in the post are my own.
Latest posts by Mary Tang (see all)
- Interview with Chef Nuit Regular- Toronto’s Queen of Thai Food - February 21, 2018
- Interview with Chef Vanessa Yeung of Aphrodite Cooks - February 20, 2018
- [Review] Italian Cooking Class by Vine and Vintage - February 5, 2018