With the cold winter months, a comforting bowl of soup is what I want, especially a tasty and healthy soup that is easy to make.
The cream of carrot soup recipe was adapted from celebrity Chef Ricardo’s website Ricardo cuisine, under the healthy section. The soup does not use cream or milk, but has a velvety creamy texture. The soup uses only a handful of ingredients and can be on your table in less than an hour, which is amazing.
This is the first time I have made a recipe from his website, and it won’t be the last. The site is well organized into recipe categories including appetizer, main, dessert and ingredients.
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) butter
- 5 cups (1.25 L) chicken broth (mine was homemade)
- 4 cups (1 L) of carrots-peeled and diced (about 3 large carrots)
- 1 cup (250 ml) of potatoes-peeled and cubed (about 2 potatoes)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- In a saucepan, add the vegetable oil and butter over medium heat. Soften the onions, followed by the carrots and potatoes. Season with salt. This took about 15 minutes.
- Add the broth and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer gently for about 20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- In a blender, purée the soup until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
Feel free to top your soup with what you have available at home including parsley, coriander or crackers. I topped mine with a dollop of sour cream, leftover roasted chicken, and coriander.
For more delicious updates, please follow me at @maryshappybelly on Twitter and Instagram.
This post is sponsored by Ricardo cuisine in which I have been monetarily compensated to recreate one of the chefs recipes on his site. I am a big fan of Ricardo and enjoyed the simplicity of the soup. The opinions in the post are entirely my own.
Latest posts by Mary Tang (see all)
- Interview with Chef Nuit Regular- Toronto’s Queen of Thai Food - February 21, 2018
- Interview with Chef Vanessa Yeung of Aphrodite Cooks - February 20, 2018
- [Review] Italian Cooking Class by Vine and Vintage - February 5, 2018