Address: 169 Enterprise Blvd., Makham, ON
When I attended: August 25th, 2016
Chatime turns 5 on September 8th, 2016 and to commemorate their big milestone, they had a party with food samples and drinks at their Markham flagship store (read about this store opening in 2014).
At the event, I was able to sample Chatime’s all natural tea series called “Twilight By Chatime”. The teas are made of butterfly pea flower and hisbiscus flower and are full of antioxidants. “Twilight” was inspired by the sky with drinks following the theme. Thankfully, it was not named after the vampire book series…imagine that? The multi layered drink transforms into a unified colour once it is mix.
I haven’t heard of the butterfly pea flower tea before, but was told the teas are readily found in Thailand, and given after spa treatments. Bon Apetit has a great article on the science behind the colour changing tea. Chatime is a trendsetter by bringing this tea to mainstream and I feel that other similar tea shops may follow.
The ‘Twilight by Chatime’ tea flavours include:
Coconut Daydream- My favourite of the new teas where with the butterfly tea is made into a latte with fresh milk. The drink reminds me of a beautiful sunny day staring at the clouds.
Hisbicus Sunset- This drink features passion fruit and lychee flavours infused with the hisbicus tea. My second favourite of the series and a refreshing sip for the warm weather.
The Grapefruit Blush– The blush colour is reminiscent of the first break of dawn. Customers can expect a tangy grapefruit flavour with the butterfly pea flower tea.
Starry Lemon-The butterly tea is combined with a lemony flavour. The colours are inspired by the starry night sky.
Other Chatime Collaborations:
Exciting news…MasterChef Canada’s Christopher Siu (@bakersiu) has collaborated with Chatime to provide his delicious Daan Go macarons starting this month. Flavours include Lap Cheung Maple, Chen Pei Tiramisu, Japanese Pudding, and Roasted Milk Tea. The macarons are done really well and I love the unique Asian inspired flavours!
I am a huge MasterChef Canada fan and watched every season. Christopher was top 5 in season 2…incredible right?! It was really cool to talk to Chris about his experience on the popular show. It is inspiring to meet someone who is taking his passion and talent for baking and sharing this with us. His macarons will be available at Chatime’s all across Ontario. Congratulations!
Thank you to Patrick (@feedmyphone) and Chatime for the invitation.
The ‘Twilight by Chatime’ teas launch on September 8th, 2016 so be the first to try them!
THE CONTEST IS CLOSED.
The winner is Annie W. @annies_way on IG
ENTER HERE to WIN 5 CHATIME DRINK VOUCHERS!
* Each voucher allows the the customer to order any regular sized beverage at Chatime and excludes add-ons (tapioca, jellies)
* The voucher expires Dec. 31st, 2016
* The contest runs from Thurs. Sept. 8th to Sat. Sept. 10th, 2016 11:59 PM EST
* The contest is opened to Ontario residents only
* All winners must be willing to provide their full name and mailing address to receive their vouchers in the mail
* I will also be running a contest on my Instagram page https://www.instagram.com/maryshappybelly. The contestants from the IG contest will be combined with entries from my blog. There will be only one winner.
* The winner will be chosen randomly using https://www.random.org/. Mary’s Happy Belly will conduct quality checks
* I will contact the winner by direct message on Twitter, Instagram and/or Facebook
* The winner will be notified by September 12th, 2016 and must respond before the end of the day. Failure to respond in a timely manner means that another prize winner will be chosen. The winner will eventually be announced on the blog
*Disclosure: The food and drinks were complimentary but the opinions in the post are my own.
Latest posts by Mary Tang (see all)
- Interview with Chef Nuit Regular- Toronto’s Queen of Thai Food - February 21, 2018
- Interview with Chef Vanessa Yeung of Aphrodite Cooks - February 20, 2018
- [Review] Italian Cooking Class by Vine and Vintage - February 5, 2018