Supper With Syria is a unique community Dinner and Fundraising Event in Support of Syrian Refugees. The goal is to raise $70,000 to bring two Syrian familes to Toronto.
WHEN: Sunday November 29th, 2015 4pm-8pm.
WHERE: Artscape Wychwood Barns (601 Christie St, Toronto, ON M6G 4C7)
WHAT: It will be a special evening as Syrian and Canadian chefs come together to prepare traditional Syrian dishes and share personal stories of home cooking and culinary traditions on opposite ends of the world. Be immersed in Syrian culture with live music, art, and much more. The eight food stations will create a roving environment, along with beverage stations specifically-tailored to highlight Syrian drinks. Live Syrian music, presentations, and a silent auction of authentic Syrian artifacts will also be featured over the course of the evening.
WHY: One of the newly-elected Liberal government’s campaign promises was to settle 25,000 Syrian refugees to Canada by January 1st, 2016. The timeline will be difficult, but not impossible, which is why community-based initiatives such is ours is crucial in playing a role to assist in the settlement process.
BUY YOUR TICKETS: $75 per person
To purchase tickets, please send an Interac transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or drop off a cheque made out to Supper With Syria at one of Councillor Joe Mihevc’s offices:
- At City Hall Office: Councillor Joe Mihevc, 100 Queen West
- At Community Office: Councillor Joe Mihevc, 747 St Clair Ave West
Each $75 ticket includes:
- A menu of both local and Syrian food from amazing Toronto chefs – our tasting stations will be going all evening.
- A lineup of entertainment unlike anything you’ve seen before – check our program.
- A chance to bid on one-of-a-kind silent auction items and a chance to win a grand-prize raffle.
- An opportunity to make a one-on-one contribution to Syrian people trying to start a new life in Canada.
For other locations to drop off a cheque, please email email@example.com
Mary’s Happy Belly will be there to represent and we hope to see you there!
Latest posts by Mary Tang (see all)
- [Recipe] Chinese pork bone soup with lotus root - August 15, 2017
- [Recipe] Chinese steamed tofu with shrimp and scallops - August 11, 2017
- [Event] The Big Feastival Comes to Canada on August 18-20th, 2017! - August 4, 2017