One of the things I prefer not to buy is packaged coleslaw because I find the texture way to soft for my liking. Green cabbage is really inexpensive and there are endless combinations of ingredients to make a great dressing, and plus homemade seems to taste better. This slaw is similar to the yogurt dill slaw I made recently (recipe here) but with a tangy dressing with mint, dill, yellow mustard and capers.
Look out for many more salad recipes to come.
* If you have other vegetables/fruits, feel free to add it to the salad.
½ cabbage-thinly sliced (can use a mandolin)
5 mint leaves-finely chopped
A few mint leaves for garnish
2 cups of Greek yogurt (I used non-fat)
A pinch of salt and black pepper
¼ cup of finely chopped dill
A large squirt of yellow mustard (I used French’s)
6 capers and a splash of the caper brine
Drizzle of olive oil
1. Cut the vegetables according to instructions
2. Make the dressing: Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Taste and adjust as needed.
1. Place all vegetables in a bowl and add the dressing. Mix well.
2. Top with green onions. Refrigerate until time to serve.
Latest posts by Mary Tang (see all)
- [Event] Toronto Taste 2017 raises $925,000 for Second Harvest - June 26, 2017
- [Event] Asparagus Farm Tour at Norfolk County - June 23, 2017
- [Review & Giveaway] Real Layers Gourmet Buttercream Frosting - June 12, 2017