Social Media Handles: @PrenupPub (Twitter)
Address: 191 College Street, Toronto, ON
When I attended: December 2014, Bloggers dinners
I had a chance to visit the European inspired gastropub on a weeknight and the placed was packed. The restaurant is in the heart of University of Toronto’s downtown campus and it was evident that students were the prime clientele.
As for the interior, there were two floors with separate bars. I liked the added touch of elegance from the fancy chandeliers and sections with comfy seats.
The menu is typical of many pubs with steak frites, pizza and burgers with a strong European flair including a Belgium stew and wurst salad . I think the stand out of the restaurant is the variety of beer, with over 70 different taps from around the world!
As for the dinner, this was one of the quickest blogger dinners I had experienced. I felt like I was speed eating as 8 dishes including dessert wwre served within a span of an hour or less.
Thankfully, I had a sample all the dishes presented to me. Here were my favourites:
1. The Wurst Salad with sliced sausages, tomato, garlic, parsley, dill pickles, marinated with olive oil and German mustard. I love my meat, and this was a tasty way to incorporate into a salad to make it hearty and filling.
2. The Mussels of the Day with a sweet chili tomato sauce, topped with green onions. I enjoyed the tomato broth accompanying the plump mussels.
3. The PreNup Pizza with grilled vegetables, caramelized onions, zucchini, eggplant, garlic, oregano and mozzarella cheese. I enjoyed the puff pastry dough to provide a flaky crust.
4. The pork schnitzel with mustard and horseradish, served with fries and topped with mushroom sauce. I enjoyed the thin and crispy crust on the schnitzel.
5. The tiramisu was the highlight of my meal as it was ultra creamy and really hit the spot after all the savoury dishes.
Other items I tried included the Waterzooi (Belgium stew), madame monsieur waffle and beer braised lamb.
With the prime location, there’s no doubt that this pub will be a popular restaurant for students and those who love a good beer and some tasty eats.
Thank you for my friend Vicky @momwhoruns and Prenup Pub for the invitation.
* The meal was complimentary but the opinions in my post are entirely my own.