This post is sponsored by Real Layers in which I have been monetarily compensated and received product samples. I truly enjoy the product. The opinions in the post are entirely my own.
Real Layers Gourmet Buttercream Frosting is the first and only ready-to-spread, shelf stable frosting in the Canadian Market.
I usually make my own buttercream for my occasional baking but now that Real Layers has created this fabulous product, this is a real time saver. At the end of the post, enter to win a gift basket from Real Layers, so you can try out the buttercream frosting at home.
Please note that the give-away has ended.
Quick overview of Real Layers Gourmet Buttercream:
- Real Layers Gourmet Buttercream’s Mission is “To provide our customers with convenient and wholesome baking products made with premium quality ingredients and a homemade taste.”
- Started by sisters Lucy, Rose & Ana who identified that the market needed a ready-to-spread frosting that tasted like real buttercream; one that is rich, buttery and creamy.
- The 3 flavours are vanilla, chocolate and maple.
- The frostings are made with real butter and have no artificial ingredients. The frosting is also peanut/nut-free, gluten-free, shelf-stable and kosher.
- One container can frost a 13’x 9′ cake or a 2 layer cake, or up to 24 cupcakes.
- The products are now available at your local Longos, and other grocery stores in Toronto/GTA, and selective Ontario cities (Find a store near you).
- Also, the frosting is versatile and not just for cakes.
(Selective details derived from Reallayers website)
It is definitely worth the buy! I put Real Layers Gourmet Buttercream for a test and here is what I found.
- After a few stirs after opening the containers, the consistency was creamy.
- It was easy to pipe! I added the vanilla flavoured frosting on my homemade cranberry carrot muffins.
- The taste was the right amount of sweetness for all 3 flavours. When I make buttercream at home with butter and icing sugar, I need to keep tasting my mixture to get it “right” for my tastebuds.
- I also tested the versatility of Real Layers buttercream frosting. The Real Layers website provides many recipes for using their buttercream outside of cakes and cupcakes. I made mini smores jars which was adapted from a recipe on their site (recipe here) which used their chocolate frosting. My advice is to keep the jars super small (a few spoonfuls), as the dessert can feel overly sweet with the addition of marshmallows. Still, a great idea!
Real Layers Chocolate
- In my last test, I spread Real Layers maple flavoured buttercream frosting on graham crackers and topped it with salted toasted almonds for a quick snack idea. The flavours went well together and it was well balanced with the salted almonds.
- I love that Real Layers Gourmet Buttercream is made of real butter and doesn’t use artificial ingredients. With its versatility, you can pull off a quick dessert board for your guests quickly. Saving time is always a plus!
Please note that the give-away has ended. The Winner of the Real Layers Gourmet Buttercream gift basket is Nancy M. (@thenancy2880 on Twitter).
I was lucky to try out Real Layers Gourmet Buttercream Frostings and I want you to as well!
ENTER HERE TO WIN A REAL LAYERS GIFT BASKET!
The prize will be a gift basket with the vanilla, chocolate and maple flavour, and other goodies including a cookbook and baking utensils.
- The contest will run from Monday June 12th, 2017 to Thurs. June 15th, 2017 11:59 PM EST.
- There will be only 1 winner and the prize is not transferable.
- All winners must be willing to provide their full name, e-mail address and a mailing address.
- The contest is opened to Ontario, Canada residents only.
- I will also be running a contest on my Instagram page https://www.instagram.com/maryshappybelly/. The contestants from the IG contest will be combined with entries from my blog. There will be only one winner for this contest.
- The winner will be chosen randomly using https://www.random.org/. Mary’s Happy Belly will conduct quality checks.
- I will contact the winner by direct message on Twitter, e-mail or Facebook.
- The winner will be notified before June 18th, 2017 and the winner will have 24 hours to respond. Failure to respond in a timely manner means that another prize winner will be chosen.
- The winner will eventually be announced on the blog. I will post the winner’s first name and initial of last name only, with the winner’s Twitter/Instagram handle if applicable.
Latest posts by Mary Tang (see all)
- [Contest] Win 3 cakes from La Rocca Creative Cakes - December 14, 2017
- [Contest Closed] Win a Mastro and San Daniele prize pack - December 7, 2017
- Recap of Fall Culinary Events in Toronto and Ottawa - November 18, 2017