I often make different variations of mango salad throughout the year. With the cold weather, avocados pairs well with the mangos to make the salad more filling, heartier and nutritious. At the grocery store, I chose a green mango and a ripe mango to provide a mouthful of beautiful flavours. The end results are tarte, sour and sweet notes.
This is an appetizing and refreshing salad and it goes well with Vietnamese, Thai, Jamaican cuisines and spicy foods.
2 mangos-diced (one green, one ripe)
1 shallots-thinly sliced
Handful of coriander-Woody stems removed, ripped into large pieces
1 avocado-cut into chunks
Thai chili (optional)
Toasted peanuts (optional)
3 tsp fish sauce
½ tsp of water
¾ tsp of sugar
Juice of one lime
- Cut the mango, shallots and avocados. Add in a bowl and gently mix.
- Wash and dry the coriander. Remove the large stems and rip into pieces. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine all ingredients in the dressing. Mix until sugar is completely dissolved. Taste and adjust.
- Add the dressing to the bowl of mangos and avocados. Gently mix. Top with coriander.
I have the salad paired with savoury pork chops.
Latest posts by Mary Tang (see all)
- [Review] Korean Food 101 by Chopsticks and Forks - May 19, 2017
- [Event] Top 5 reasons to attend the SIAL Conference - May 15, 2017
- [Review] Focal Resto Lounge serves Global Fusion cuisine - May 15, 2017