I grew up eating Cantonese cuisine and love that many dishes can be made quickly. Stir frying vegetables are tasty, quick to make, and the ingredient options are endless. This dish is a perfect weeknight dish with lotus root as the star. The best part is that they do not need to blanched and they stay crunchy when cooked.
Try it out.
Happy cooking and eating!
- Canola oil for cooking
- 4 garlic cloves-peeled and sliced
- 5 cups of broccoli with stems -rough chop, stems sliced
- 2 cups of Shanghai bok choy-rough chop
- 1 cup of lotus root-sliced about 1 cm thick. Half slices.
- ¾ cup of chicken stock
- Sauce: 2 teaspoons of oyster sauce, 2 tablespoon of cold water, 1 teaspoon of corn starch
- A handful of cilantro for garnish
- In a wok, add oil and saute the garlic.
- Add the remaining vegetables and cook for a few minutes.
- Add chicken stock and cover the wok for about 1-2 minutes.
- Remove the cover and add the slurry of corn starch, water and oyster sauce to the vegetables. Mix well until the sauce thickens.
- Add green onions and serve immediately.
Never miss a post. Follow me https://www.facebook.com/maryshappybelly/