I love this salad and so happy to share the recipe! The kohlrabi provides a nice crunch, with a creamy yet light tasting dressing. Do not omit the mascarpone cheese, as it adds to the texture of the dressing.
This salad was adapted from the Jerusalem cookbook and I made some variations to make this my own including adding in cucumbers. If you only learn to make one new salad recipe this summer, make it this one.
- 3 kohlrabi- peeled and diced
- 1 cucumber-peeled and diced
- 2 cups of arugula
- 1 cup of watercress
- Salad dressing:
- ⅓ cup of Greek Yogurt
- 5 tsp sour cream
- 3 tbsp mascarpone cheese
- 1 small garlic-minced
- 1 ½ tbsp of lemon juice
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tsp dried mint
- 2 tbsp fresh mint
- ¼ tsp of sumac
- salt and black pepper
- Cut the kohlrabi and cucumber
- Mix all the ingredients for the dressing in a bowl. The dressing can be made a few hours in advance and left in the fridge.
- Before serving, add the arugula and watercress to a bowl and toss with the kohlrabi and cucumber.
- Add the dressing and mix well.
Never miss a post, follow me on https://www.facebook.com/Maryshappybelly/
Latest posts by Mary Tang (see all)
- The easiest yogurt parfait recipe and why Martin’s Apple Chips makes the perfect snack - November 15, 2017
- Inside the World Vision #Hungerfree Quarterly Subscription Boxes - November 9, 2017
- Win a pair of ELITE passes to the Gourmet Food and Wine Expo 2017 [Contest Closed] - November 7, 2017