I love caesars and I enjoy adding various toppings and ingredients in it to change things up. See how my version of Chef Susur Lee’s Asian caesar (Asian caesar recipe) turned out.
With the holidays closely approaching, the Spruce Caesar (A.K.A. The Festivus Caesar) will be a version that will impress with gin/vodka that is infused with rosemary. Using Walter Caesar as the base, I will feel good knowing that the caesar is made with premium all-natural ingredients.
Glassware: Mason or rocks (16 ounce)
Honey (1/8” deep poured on to a small plate to adhere spices)
Equal parts maple sugar, flaked Maldon salt, and ground sumac
In the glass:
3 fluid ounces Walter Caesar Mix (mildly spiced)
1 1⁄2 fluid ounces rosemary infused gin or vodka (3 x 3” sprigs of rosemary inserted into spirit, infused at least 24 hours)
1 teaspoon Sriracha hot sauce
1 tablespoon Worcestershire
3 drops celery or angelica bitters
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon sherry
1) Dip rim of your cup upside down in honey. Dip into seasoning mixture to your desired level of rim seasoning. We recommend heavily seasoning half the glass, so you can try it each way.
2) Fill glass to the brim with ice. Add Walter Craft Caesar Mix, rosemary gin or vodka, hot sauce, Worcestershire, bitters and lemon Juice. Stir gently but thoroughly with bar spoon.
3) Gently “float” the sherry by pouring over the back of the bar spoon, so it stays mostly on top, but starts to trickle down into the rest of the drink.
4) Place rosemary sprig in the end of your pickle, so it fans out the top. Slice lemon and place on edge of glass.
Enjoy the season of Caesars!
I am looking forward to making this during the holidays.
*Disclosure: The recipe and pictures in the post were provided by Butter PR. All opinions expressed in the post are my own.
Latest posts by Mary Tang (see all)
- [Recipe] Chinese pork bone soup with lotus root - August 15, 2017
- [Recipe] Chinese steamed tofu with shrimp and scallops - August 11, 2017
- [Event] The Big Feastival Comes to Canada on August 18-20th, 2017! - August 4, 2017