It’s been a hot summer in Toronto. I hope you are enjoying every minute of the season!
Summer calls for light and refreshing soups and dishes like gazpacho (watermelon gazpacho recipe), salads of all sorts and ceviche.
This simple ceviche uses the juice of lemon, lime and orange juice, and finished with a dressing that uses lime juice and fish sauce.
I love this ceviche recipe and it turns out spectacular every time and has ingredients that are easy to find at grocery stores. I love using scallops or a meaty fish like halibut but feel free to use what’s available and fresh at your local fish market.
A fun and delicious way to serve the ceviche is with shrimp chips or potato chips, aside from the traditional tortilla chips.
This will be a hit at your next party!
- 1 pound of halibut skinned and deboned- cut into cubes
- ¼ cup of orange juice (about ½ orange)
- ¼ cup of lime juice plus the zest (about 1 -2 limes)
- 2 tbsp of lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp of fish sauce
- 2 tbsp of lime juice
- ¼ cup of red pepper- dice
- ¼ cup of orange pepper-dice
- ¼ cup of red onions- small dice
- 1 cup of avocado-dice
- 2 Thai chilis- slice
- ¼ cup of shredded cilantro
- A few Thai Basil leaves -ripped
- Snow pea shoot tips (optional for garnish)
- Pinch of black pepper (optional)
- Mix all the ingredients of the cure (citrus juice, zests and salt) in a bowl and taste.
- Place the fish in a non-reactive bowl like a glass container and add the cure. Make sure the fish is submerged in the citrus juice. If not, add more citrus juice and zests.
- Place the fish in the fridge for at least 3 hours (or kept in the fridge overnight).
- Prepare all the salad ingredients except for the lime juice and fish sauce. Set aside.
- When it is time to serve the fish, remove the fish from the cure and add it to the salad ingredients. Add the fish sauce and lime juice. Add a small pinch of black pepper if you desire.
- Plate and add the garnishes. Serve immediately.
Never miss a delicious post. Follow me at https://www.facebook.com/Maryshappybelly/