Website: http://www.foodandwineexpo.ca/sitepages/, #GFWE, http://www.thechefandthedish.com/
Address: Metro Toronto Conventrion Centre, 255 Front St. W, Toronto, ON
Event Dates: Nov. 17th to Nov. 20th, 2016
The Gourmet Food and Wine Expo is a must attend event and has a special place in my heart. Writing about the expo was one of my first posts when I started my blog (read about my 2013 and 2015 GFWE experience). I remember telling Chef Roger Mooking that I was going to start a food blog, and he asked me a bunch of questions on what I would write about. At the time, I wasn’t entirely sure. Fast forward to today, I don’t just get to write about an awesome event, I get to be part of it.
Together, we will be making authentic Japanese dishes. I can’t wait to connect with Chef Yoshimi for the first time, to cook, learn and to find out what we will be cooking.
About The Chef & The Dish
The Chef & The Dish is a global, online kitchen to kitchen cooking experience owned by Jenn Nicken who has an impressive experience in the tech industry. Through her travels, Jenn had an opportunity to immerse herself in the food and culture of various regions. The start-up combines her life long passion for food with her technology experience.
With The Chef & The Dish, food lovers can learn from top chefs from around the world in the comfort of their home with a personal cooking classes live via Skype.
Clients get step-by-step coaching, cooking tips, learn about the chef’s culture, and of course – together they cook a series of iconic dishes – all with a chef that’s based where the dish originated. How cool is that?
During the expo, four chefs from The Chef & The Dish – based in Japan, Italy, New Orleans and Charlotte – will Skype in to the Gourmet Food & Wine Expo where they will be coaching a person on stage to make an authentic dish from their region (schedule each day). Each demonstration includes an interactive cooking lesson and the audience will get to taste the dishes.
Connect with The Chef & The Dish and Chef Yoshimi:
THE CONTEST IS CLOSED FOR A PAIR OF TICKETS TO THE GOURMET FOOD AND WINE EXPO
THE WINNERS ARE Jassy @jassy__m, Alice @fortheloveoftastyfood, and Christina O. Congratulations!!
Each pair is worth $50+ and there are 3 pairs to be won!
- There are 3 pairs to give-away valid for any day or evening session during the expo dates (Thurs Nov. 17th to Sunday Nov. 20th).
- The winner will receive a pair of tickets through e-mail.
- Attendees of the expo must be 19+.
- The prize is not transferable.
- The contest will run from Monday Nov. 7th to Nov. 11th, 2016 11:59 PM EST
- All winners must be willing to provide their full name and e-mail address.
- The contest is opened to Canadian residents only.
- I will also be running a contest on my Instagram page https://www.instagram.com/maryshappybelly/. The contestants from the Instagram contest will be combined with entries from my blog.
- The winner will be chosen randomly using https://www.random.org/. Mary’s Happy Belly will conduct quality checks.
- I will contact the winner by direct message on Twitter, Instagram and/or Facebook.
- The winner will be notified by November 13th, 2016 and must respond before the end of the day. Failure to respond in a timely manner means that another prize winner will be chosen. The winner will eventually be announced on the blog
CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE TICKETS!
*Disclosure: I have partnered up with the Gourmet Food and Wine Expo for the give-away.
Latest posts by Mary Tang (see all)
- [Event] Asparagus Farm Tour at Norfolk County - June 23, 2017
- [Review & Giveaway] Real Layers Gourmet Buttercream Frosting - June 12, 2017
- [Event] Inside an Ontario cattle and mushroom farm - June 8, 2017