#FoodRevolution Day is May 15th, 2015 and it is a campaign led by Jamie Oliver to help put compulsory practical food education on the school curriculum.
As Jamie Oliver mentioned “By educating children about food in a practical, fun and engaging way, we can provide them with the knowledge and skills they so urgently need to lead healthier, happier lives..”
How can you support the Food Revolution Day Campaign?
1. SIGN THE PETITION and share it with others. I have! They are just over 100, 000 signatures shy to reach the 1 million mark. Join the global voice, including celebrities and musicians to create a movement powerful enough to force all G20 governments to take action.
2. SUPPORT a local Food Revolution Day ambassador! My friend Linda Matarasso, a food blogger and an ambassador is hosting a free cooking demonstration at Hendrix on May 16th, 2015 from 12:00-3:00pm. Register here on Eventbrite.com.
If the free cooking demo isn’t amazing enough, Hendrix has an outstanding deal for all customers with the coupon.
…and if you love deals as much as I do, thanks to Aroma Espresso Bar for being a sponsor, and coming out with this deal to support Food Revolution Day.
Read more about Food Revolution Day and SIGN the petition. Your voice does count!
- Petition Site
Latest posts by Mary Tang (see all)
- [Event] Toronto Taste 2017 raises $925,000 for Second Harvest - June 26, 2017
- [Event] Asparagus Farm Tour at Norfolk County - June 23, 2017
- [Review & Giveaway] Real Layers Gourmet Buttercream Frosting - June 12, 2017