Looking for an impressive but an easy appetizer? Make this!! The duck foie gras mousse will melt in your mouth with a sauce that compliments it. I bought the can at St. Lawrence Market but I’ve seen them sold at Pusateri’s as well.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil and a small pinch of salt on the sliced baguettes. Toast the baguettes in the oven.
- Cut the foie gras mousse and sear quickly in a pan. Do not cook it too long or it will melt.
- In a separate pan, add 1/2 cup of pomegranate juice, 5 teaspoons of balsamic vinegar and 2 teaspoons of white sugar. Boil and reduce the mixture until it becomes a syrup.
- Before serving, add the foie gras mousse on each slice of bread, followed by a drizzle of the syrup. Top with pomegranate seeds and mint.
I apologize for not taking good photos to do this appetizer justice and yes, I could have worked on my plating! This was sooo delicious and an absolute hit at my party!
Never miss a post, follow me at https://www.facebook.com/Maryshappybelly/
Latest posts by Mary Tang (see all)
- The easiest yogurt parfait recipe and why Martin’s Apple Chips makes the perfect snack - November 15, 2017
- Inside the World Vision #Hungerfree Quarterly Subscription Boxes - November 9, 2017
- Win a pair of ELITE passes to the Gourmet Food and Wine Expo 2017 [Contest Closed] - November 7, 2017