I have started ventured into baking sweets, so you will see more blog posts with my successful treats. I have made lemon curd several times, but I finally found a recipe that makes the perfect lemon curd. It has right amount of tartness and sweetness, and consistency. Second thing I love about this lemon curd is that it is easy to make.
I don’t need to use a double boiler to melt or cook the ingredients, I just need to put the ingredients on the stove on low for about 10 minutes. This recipe was adapted from Barefoot Contessa’s Ina Garten (original recipe here ).
I did change one thing in her recipe, I have replaced 2 extra large eggs with 2 egg yolks only. I like the final outcome of adding a combination of yolks and whole eggs.
- Zest of 3 lemons
- 1½ cups of sugar
- ¼ pound unsalted butter at room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- ½ cup lemon juice
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- In a food processor, add the sugar and the zest of the lemons and pulse until finely minced and combined with the sugar.
- Cream the butter and beat in the sugar and lemon mixture.
- Add the eggs, 1 at a time, and then add the lemon juice and salt. Mix until combined.
- Put the mixture into a saucepan or pot and cook for over low heat until the mixture is thickened (about 10 minutes). Stir constantly.
- Remove from the heat and cool or refrigerate.
I love lemon desserts and this will be my go-to recipe for the perfect lemon curd!
Love food porn? Follow me on Instagram @maryshappybelly
Latest posts by Mary Tang (see all)
- The easiest yogurt parfait recipe and why Martin’s Apple Chips makes the perfect snack - November 15, 2017
- Inside the World Vision #Hungerfree Quarterly Subscription Boxes - November 9, 2017
- Win a pair of ELITE passes to the Gourmet Food and Wine Expo 2017 [Contest Closed] - November 7, 2017