The marinade will tenderize your meat while injecting delicious spicy and savoury flavours. I am confident you will love it!
Do taste the marinade before it is added to the chicken to control the level of spiciness. Feel free to choose the cooking method of your choice (i.e. BBQ, pan fry or baked).
I first pan fried the marinated chicken (combination of thighs, drumsticks and breasts) and added the marinade mixed with a cup of red wine and baked the chicken in a casserole dish in the oven for 45 minutes at 375 degrees F. I served the meat in tortillas to make soft tacos.
*Marinade the meat at least 3 hours in advanced or up to 24 hours. Feel free to use the marinade for other meats and seafood.
Chipotle chicken marinade:
1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
4 garlic cloves-minced
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1 tsp Cajun spice (I used Clubhouse brand)
½ tsp of smoked paprika (use regular if you don’t have smoked)
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp of sugar
Pinch of salt and black pepper
1. Add all ingredients to a blender or use a mortar and pestle. Blend. Taste and adjust.
2. Add meat to a zip lock bag and pour in the marinade. Distribute marinade evenly. Refrigerate until ready to cook the chicken.
Latest posts by Mary Tang (see all)
- [Event] Toronto Taste 2017 raises $925,000 for Second Harvest - June 26, 2017
- [Event] Asparagus Farm Tour at Norfolk County - June 23, 2017
- [Review & Giveaway] Real Layers Gourmet Buttercream Frosting - June 12, 2017