This dressing is easy to make and brightens any vegetable dish. It has the right amount of acid from the roasted red peppers with a nice punch of garlic.
1/2 a roasted red pepper (mine was store bought)
1/3 cup of extra virgin olive oil
1 garlic clove
Salt and black pepper
1. Cut the ends of the asparagus and remove any woody parts. Blanche the asparagus for a few minutes in salted water. I like the asparagus crunchy but feel free to cook the asparagus until tender.
2. In a blender (I have the magic bullet), combine all the ingredients in the dressing. Taste and adjust to your liking. If you don’t have a blender, a mortar and pestle can be used to break down the pepper and garlic into a paste before adding the remaining ingredients.
1. Pour the dressing over the asparagus and enjoy.
* I topped the dish with crispy capicola and prosciutto for an additional crunch.
Latest posts by Mary Tang (see all)
- [Event] Asparagus Farm Tour at Norfolk County - June 23, 2017
- [Review & Giveaway] Real Layers Gourmet Buttercream Frosting - June 12, 2017
- [Event] Inside an Ontario cattle and mushroom farm - June 8, 2017