Roosterbrand sriracha hot sauce was a household staple since I was a child and a great condiment on everything…well almost everything!
A few weeks back I did a recipe for a cucumber salad with ginger soy dressing and it was a hit, so I wanted to do another post with a delicious twist with sriracha dressing. The end results is a subtly sweet, salty and spicy salad. The cucumber still shines in the salad, as the dressing is not overpowering even with the garlic. Let the dressing marinade the cucumbers for at least 30 minutes for best results.
1 cucumber (I used English cucumbers)-peel (optional), remove seeds, 1/4 inch slices
1/4 red onion-thinly slice
1 tbsp of soy sauce
1 tsp of rice wine vinegar
½ tsp of sriracha hot sauce (more or less depending on the amount of spiciness)
1 small garlic clove-minced
½ tsp miren
Pinch of black pepper
1 tsp of lime juice + more to squeeze before serving
* You can substitute miren with white or brown sugar.
- Peel and slice onions.
- Peel the cucumber. Cut the cucumber in half and remove the seeds and slice. It is optional to use the peeler to make long strips.
- Mix the ingredients in the dressing and pour over cucumber. Mix gently. Refrigerate
- When ready to serve, pour out excessive dressing. Squeeze lime juice before serving.
* I apologize for the low-quality picture.
Latest posts by Mary Tang (see all)
- [Event] Asparagus Farm Tour at Norfolk County - June 23, 2017
- [Review & Giveaway] Real Layers Gourmet Buttercream Frosting - June 12, 2017
- [Event] Inside an Ontario cattle and mushroom farm - June 8, 2017