Adagio Teas is a US tea company that has retail locations in Illinois and an online store that carries loose leave teas and tea ware. Currently, the company has free shipping with orders over $49 USD in the US, and also ships to Canada for a fee.
I have never heard of this company before, but are well known in the US with features in Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Time Magazine (other press coverage). I am not a tea connoisseur but I liked what I tried.
Some cool things about Adagio Teas:
- Ordering was super easy online. I received an e-mail where I was able to track my package, which arrived about 5 business days from the order date.
- The pricing was reasonable. I ordered about seven tea packages (23 grams each) for about $24 USD before shipping and tax. The cost is affordable as the teas come directly from the growers.
- They have promotions often and have a point system to benefit frequent buyers. I received a free chai sample by sharing my purchase on social media.
- Each package was resealable.
Teas I ordered…
I really enjoyed the Genmai Cha which is a classic Japanese green tea, blended with toasted and popped rice. It was smooth and light tasting (More info here: http://www.adagio.com/green/
The Masala Chai was my favourite of the teas I had sampled, as I enjoyed the hints of cinnamon, cardamom, cloves and ginger in the black tea.
If you love tea, or know someone who does love tea, Adagio Teas is a great option to consider.
*Disclosure: The teas were complimentary but this was not a paid post. The opinions in the post are my own.
Latest posts by Mary Tang (see all)
- [Recipe] Chinese pork bone soup with lotus root - August 15, 2017
- [Recipe] Chinese steamed tofu with shrimp and scallops - August 11, 2017
- [Event] The Big Feastival Comes to Canada on August 18-20th, 2017! - August 4, 2017